Monday, April 4, 2011

Wonder Way

Well, it was time. We knew this day would come, but weren't expecting it so suddenly!

We arrived at church on time yesterday (amazingly enough), and promptly went to drop Avery off at the nursery. Now, mind you, we attend a church with thousands of people, so seeing people you know becomes few and far between.

That's why we loved our little Wonder Way 4...sniff! Those volunteers were the first people I ever felt comfortable leaving our little one with. By the second week, they remembered her name; by the fourth week she actually leaned towards one of the them instead of clinging to me. It was awesome.

So, we arrive as normal, and proceed to check-in. I was prepared for the common question: 'Wonder Way 3 or 4?' So I thought I'd skip ahead of her just a bit and simply say, 'Wonder Way 4, please'. She looked at me surprised and sweetly stated Avery had been moved up to Wonder Way 5 this week. Apparently they do this when the kiddos hit that 14 month mark. Denial begins...

Two hours later we're picking Avery up and she's done pretty well (probably better than I was doing). They said she did great considering it was her first time there. Whew! Once she was collected, we couldn't help but walking by and saying 'adios' to out wonderful Wonder Way 4 Team. No tears were shed, but they came close, I could tell.

And so it continues. Avery keeps growing up and it's painfully amazing in so many ways. Maybe I'll see the next 'upgrade' coming sooner...sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment