Monday, April 11, 2011

Mommy Olympics

Ok, so I know there is no such thing, and I've actually made references to this 'event' on facebook before, because I think they really should create it. Mommy Olympics. It would be legendary. Here are some of the events:

1. Vacuuming the entire house left handed and barefoot. Why? Well, because you've got a 1 year old on your hip that sudden became scared of the loud noise and barefoot so you can keep the cord from getting sucked up. You would win silver if you accomplished all this in under 30 minutes, and gold if you were pregnant during it all. I know I'm biased, but it's my Olympics.

2. Getting the groceries inside and put away before the ice cream melts. This would obviously be a weekly event. You would receive a bonus if you creatively used your resources, aka the red wagon, to make it all in one trip. Again, with a 20 pound child strapped to your hip and pregnant. Oh! But this time with a hyperactive dog running around as well.

3. Scenario: your husband is out-of-town for a few days so you must figure out how to do his chores at the same time you're doing yours. Solution: bag trash while child is asleep and assemble stroller. Next, when child is awake, strap into stroller and use stroller hook for trash. Attach dog. Grab mail key. Proceed to doorway. Bonus: getting through doorway :) Achieving gold is if only one lap around development is required because you remembered everything.

I'm sure as the months/years go by, I will be adding to this list, but for now we have three events. I'll have to work on the opening ceremonies later and including some sort of false pretenses.

1 comment:

  1. Remember to create the decathlon and marathon!! Ha Ha!

    ReplyDelete