Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pooper Scooper

Well, Sunday was an interesting day...

We had our normal routine at church and headed to Panera for our 'brunch'. Avery did great in her highchair (considering by this point she is sleep deprived, such is every Sunday) She sat contently and even ate some ham we had gotten for her (big steps for the picky eater).

Then, it happened...the red face, the grunting, and bulging of the eyes. We weren't quite finished with our food selections yet, so I decided to wait to go clean her up...dumb idea.

Once I was finished with my cafe latte, I swooped her up and headed for the ladies room. It was upon the arrival at the changing table that I realized what had happened, and let me just say, it was everywhere. All down the leg, in her lacely shoes, and, oh yeah, all over my arm.

Now, this was a new occurance for the two of us. It was a strange out-of-body experience. In my mind I'm screaming, "Oh my gosh! Get this stuff off me! Where's the shower! I'm gonna puke! Ugh!!!!". But, saying these word aloud to my 15 month old would not help things, especially since she was already so fond of being changed in the a public bathroom as is.

Mommy mode kicks in and I become very thankful for my stock of wipes and the little diaper bags. While the process begins, I am quickly remembering that Daddy is in the restuarant 'cleaning' up our table so we can depart. My mind has already begun thinking of the couple that will stop him and ask to use the highchair... I begin working faster.

Avery, shoeless, and I arrive just before Daddy was going to put the chair away and we are able to avert the disaster. Fifteen wipes later everyone/thing is clean and disinfected :)

Parenting is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment