Saturday, April 21, 2012

Toddler

Tonight is the first night Avery's starts sleeping in her toddler bed :) I cannot believe she's this big already. I mean seriously! The next thing to go will be the pacy and then we start potty training! I am NOT ready! (Emotionally I mean)

Mike and I started realizing Avery might be ready for this change when we noticed other parents with children her age (or younger) doing the same thing. At first you wonder if it will be a complete disaster...I mean, what if she hates it and cries all night? Or, what if she figures out the new found freedom and I wake up to her standing beside my bed at 3am?

Well we weighed our options the past week and once we found bedding, that was it :) So, Mike and I planned to do it on the weekend, before nap time. That way we could both be there and Avery could test it out with nap time first.

She was SO excited when we were working on it today (I wasn't sure if she would be upset). She loved running around playing with her sheets and comforter...and jumping on the matress, hah! We 'gave' Haysley Avery's purple crib bedding and then 'gave' Avery her new flower set. Tonight, as I put her down I let her crawl into bed all by herself. I then gave her a kiss g-night and she put her little head up and said 'Baby's flower' pointing to Haysley's crib, and I answered 'yes', then she pointed at her sheet and said, 'Avery's flower', and I smiled and said yes. She then happily put her head down and I covered her with her new flower sheets. It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment